The department that sent me this was the Department of Fish and Game! This citation that i received was at another city i was in for a family trip. The citation paper says every information about the name of the court and the street address on where it’s at but i’m nowhere near that city anymore and was wondering how i’m going to appear to court or try to pay the citation.
If the matter is a misdemeanor, you can hire private counsel to go to court in your place and defend the charge. You may also qualify for the public defender, but generally you must appear at the first court date to see if you qualify. Fish and Game violations can have substantial fines, for instance $15,000 for abalone poaching, so you’ll want to be cautious.