Is it possible to avoid jail time or get my case dismissed for a 245pc?
It is possible that your case could be dismissed or that you could go to trial and win – this is true of any open criminal case. If either of those things happen you will avoid jail time. Additionally, there is no statutory minimum sentence for PC 245(a)(1), so you could in theory be convicted and granted probation without having to serve jail time. You should discuss the range of sentencing possibilities with your lawyer.